- 1,350 acres
- Largely flat land with alpine meadows and lakes – known for its wildlife, scenic and ecological values
- Privately held, but has been used for recreation for years
- A high-end private developer was pursuing the acquisition of Bonanza Flats from a subsidiary of Wells Fargo Bank, but the landowner has agreed to a contract offer of $38 million from Park City.
- Development of Bonanza Flats likely would include a private gated community, as well as commercial and residential development.
MONEY & SUPPORT
- 11/8/2016 Park City residents overwhelmingly voted to tax themselves up to $25 million to help purchase/protect Bonanza Flats
- $13 million funding gap
- $3 million needed from Salt Lake, Wasatch and Summit County residents
- Have until March 15th to “bridge the gap”
- Backed by 9 nonprofits:
Utah Open Lands, Save Our Canyons, Mountain Trails Foundation, The Nature Conservancy, Summit Land Conservancy, Sierra Club, Wasatch Backcountry Alliance, Friends of Alta and Winter Wildlands Alliance
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Call or e-mail local council members
- Inform local outdoor retailers