Winter 2016 Bill Levitt Fellowship (click here for PDF)
Mission: The Mission of Friends of Alta is to protect the environment of Alta, including watershed and wildlife habitat areas; to preserve Alta’s unique character and heritage; and to encourage stewardship and sustainability of Alta’s environment and community.
Below is an outline of the fellowship duties to be performed by the fellow as he/she serves under the supervision/direction of the Executive Director (ED) of Friends of Alta from January 2016 through April 2016 (~4 months) for 8-16 hours a week. An hourly rate of $8.00 will be paid biweekly for hours worked. Applicants must be able to travel to/from Alta to be considered for this position.
The Bill Levitt Fellow will:
- Represent FOA at events including: Love Utah Give Utah, Alta Gala, Earth Day and other events as they arise.
- Maintain the Alta Bird Survey feeding station. If class schedule allows, attend monthly volunteer non-breeding bird surveys (done on skis). Dates: 1/11, 2/8, 3/14, and 3/11.
- Conduct outreach and represent FOA at tabling opportunities including but not limited to the various lodges in Alta.
- Suggest and write content for social media outreach.
- Help prepare for the Alta Gala.
- Assist the Executive Director as needed.
If you are interested in applying for the 2016 winter Bill Levitt Fellowship please email a cover letter and resume as one document with your first and last name in the document title (jen_clancy_BLFwinter2016) to Jen Clancy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is December 15, 2015
If you have questions, Jen can be reached on her cell at: 801-742-9719.